Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are Indiri items made of? Indiri items are solid .925 sterling silver. Items with gold accents are 18k gold vermeil over sterling silver. Gold vermeil is a thin layer of gold. The items are nickel-free and are not plated with any other kind of metal like rhodium. Indiri items are made of true, traditional sterling silver.
2. Do Indiri items have a warranty? Yes! All Indiri items have a lifetime warranty against defects. A "defect" is a flaw in the construction of the item that causes the item to have a problem during normal use. We will replace any item that has a defect. If an item has a problem please Contact Us and describe the problem so we can send you a return authorization number. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND DIPPING STERLING SILVER JEWELRY IN ANY KIND OF CHEMICAL LIQUID CLEANERS. Those liquid chemical cleaners may say they are safe for all jewelry, but we have seen such cleaners bleach or otherwise damage the finish on many types of sterling silver jewelry. OUR WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGE CAUSED BY CHEMICAL LIQUID CLEANERS.
3. Does sterling silver jewelry require any special care? We ask that customers treat their Indiri jewelry with the same care they would any other sterling silver jewelry. Indiri items are made to be sturdy, but it is jewelry and therefore somewhat delicate. Sterling silver looks like steel but silver is not as tough as steel. We do not recommend that you wear sterling silver jewelry when gardening or working out. Also please be aware that there are chemicals which can harm the finish on sterling silver present in some shampoos, hair products, perfumes, skin creams, swimming pools, and the ocean. So it is best to avoid wearing sterling silver jewelry in the pool, ocean, shower, or when you are applying hair products, skin products, or perfume. Put your jewelry on last when getting ready for the day.
4. What's the best way to minimize tarnish on sterling silver? When you are not wearing your sterling jewelry, keep it sealed in a plastic bag. Tarnish is caused mostly by particles in the air (such as sulfur) that are attracted to sterling and attach to it. So if you keep your sterling jewelry in regular sealed plastic bags, it will greatly reduce tarnish. If your sterling jewelry does tarnish we recommend going over it with a dry polishing cloth such as those available at jewelry stores. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND DIPPING STERLING SILVER JEWELRY IN ANY KIND OF CHEMICAL LIQUID CLEANERS. Those chemical cleaners may say they are safe for all jewelry, but we have seen such cleaners bleach or otherwise damage the finish on sterling silver jewelry.
5. Do stores sell Indiri items? Yes! Indiri jewelry is sold by more than 100 stores in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Stores may sell items at prices lower than you find on this web site. Please click the "Contact Us' button on the brown menu bar above to find the store closest to you.
STORE BUYERS: Please click the "Contact Us" button on the brown menu bar above to obtain a wholesale login.